[wp-hackers] Displaying a page on-the-fly with a plugin

Anthony Cole anthony at radiopicture.com.au
Wed Oct 27 02:06:58 UTC 2010

I wouldn't see any other alternative to sticking with a page.

I mean, you could create a psuedo page and grab a query_var/rewrite if you really wanted to with a custom rewrite rule and in theory grab a page template of the current theme and set the_title and the_content up with your stuff, but it's kind of misleading to your users and could lead to other problems down the road and it could potentially become really messy.

The advantage to having a page is that people actually know that it exists and where it's located.

I'm developing an e-commerce plugin right now, and I fully intend to create all of the pages for the process (checkout, cart, payment, etc).

-ac