[wp-hackers] Displaying a page on-the-fly with a plugin

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Wed Oct 27 01:46:04 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

I'm developing a plugin that displays a page for the users with various
options. Right now, I'm using

insert_post()

to create the page when the plugin is activated, and then
add_filter('the_content') whose attached functions runs only if the ID
of the current page matches the one of the page I created. Some of my
users have pointed out that creating a new page 'clutters' their blog,
so I was wondering if there's a different way to "load the current
theme" and display my custom content in place of the_content(). Please
let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Camu