[wp-hackers] "The Matrix Has You" easter egg

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 19:34:28 UTC 2010

I've been following this thread casually, and I have to admit I'm
perplexed why some people seem so committed to the idea that there's
nothing that can be done about "the Easter eggs" issue.

It seems like a valid concern (if not life-or-death), and proposals
for dealing with it have been pretty reasonable (a wp-config.php
setting turned off by default seems pretty sensible).

Why respond with "there's nothing that can be done" and "this
conversation's going nowhere"? As if WP wasn't an open source project
where the community decide what happens with it? :-\

cheers,

Steve Taylor