[wp-hackers] Multisite w/ Subdomain issues

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Oct 20 10:53:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:34 AM, scribu <mail at scribu.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 20, 2010, Ryan Bilesky <rbilesky at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As far as the way to share the
> > contents across blogs, aren't we supposed to not use switch_to_blog
> because
> > of performance reasons or.
>
> Where did you read that?

'Tis true, switch_to_blog() should generally be avoided wherever possible.
It will be necessary from time to time, however.

It sounds to me like you just want m.example.com to serve up
example.comjust another theme, yes? In that case, you just need a
little logic
somewhere (not much different than how many mobile plugins do this) to tell
WordPress to interpret m.example.com as example.com, just with a different
theme.