[wp-hackers] max number of menu items

mccormicky mccormicky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:44:48 UTC 2010

I have 38 items on one menu and lost half a couple of times after saving the
menu before I realized it wasn't a problem with my menu.
Luckily Chris Carter made this thread about it or I would have been totally
unaware it was even an issue.
So,default  suhosin.post.max_vars 200 suhosin.request.max_vars  200 seems to
hold 16-20  menu items,tops.
Getting your host server admin to  raise the value of a setting is sometimes
not possible. Especially on shared.
suhosin.request.max_vars  5000
completely knocked out suhosin - it doesn't show up in phpinfo anymore.
Yikes?