[wp-hackers] Is it possible to add fields to custom image header screens?

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Sat Oct 9 19:17:54 UTC 2010

A quick question...  I'm trying to add custom_image_header capabilities
to a theme.  The functionality allows the user to specify one color to
be used for all text over the image.  This theme uses three different
colors.  Blogname, blogtitle, and hover over blogname.  Is is possible
to easily add the two extra fields to the custom image header admin screens?

Also worth mentioning I suppose, that since visitors to my site have
asked for it, I'm looking to port a rotator I hacked into this theme's
header.php years ago into a plugin so others can use it.  It seems
logical to me that I should be hooking into the existing custom image
header screen, but again, I'd need to be able to modify the admin panel
to collect some additional information about the header images.

- Ron