[wp-hackers] Bundled Plug-ins

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Sat Oct 2 14:20:42 UTC 2010

On Oct 2, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Eric Mann wrote:

> conjurs up flashbacks of the endless
> update-reboot-update-reboot cycle that drives many people away from
> Microsoft Windows.

Really? That is a little dramatic I think. The Akismet upgrade doesn't force you to reboot your server or anything close.

Would you rather have the plugin excluded from the WordPress core? Then you would need to download and install it separate. Many software distributions, once installed will check it there was an update. This is pretty common practice from what I've seen.

P-