[wp-hackers] code to do a loopback test for wp-cron

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Oct 1 16:01:32 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a lead on how I can get a wp-cron loopback test going that would i dunno add a notices to the admin_notices hook on if it fails when enabled ..

I'm getting a few support calls about 'missed schedules' and i'm looking for a way to 'test' whether or not its a loopback situation.   Several times it's been the UTC setting; just by setting it to a city the missed schedules stopped happening, but more often then not its the communication back with itself.

Does anyone have any ideas or a plugin maybe that already does it?  Does a check whether or not it can communicate with itself?

- Phil