[wp-hackers] WP Development & Production Sites

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Sun Nov 28 16:29:53 UTC 2010

> You're corrupting your
> content by making it incapable of standing alone, and this sets you up
> for problems down the road.

The (slim) counter argument to this of course, is that you're corrupting
your content with absolute URLs, that are also subject to change.

Taking your 'average' WordPress use-case, relative URLs would be more
than adequate, as the content will be used within the main WordPress
instance. RSS feeds being the exception of course - but the exception
being the place that the extra leg work required makes the most sense.

I do of course see Otto's very valid point, that the content should be
able to stand-alone. In my personal preference, stand-alone content
shouldn't have the absolute domain - as then it's tied to that domain,
and that domain only. True stand-alone content should work no matter
what the domain.