[wp-hackers] meenews: obfuscated code

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Thu Nov 25 09:40:32 UTC 2010

On 25 November 2010 09:13, Nicolas Kuttler <wp-hackers at nicolaskuttler.de>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 09:09:51AM +0000, Iain Cambridge wrote:
> > Can I ask how is this code non-free? Did they steal the code from you?
> > Otherwise how do you know it's non-free? I can't see anything that is
> > obviously non GPL complaint. (I am just being nosey)
>
> Please, you know, just read the license once.
>
> "The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
> making modifications to it."
>
> Nicolas

I think Ralf (from the subject) and Ncolas (from the quote above) are trying
to say the code looks obfuscated and is thus not compliant.

However, I think that the author just got the line endings screwed.
If you search and replace {four or more spaces} with <newline>+{those
spaces}, the files look quite normal, not even vaguely obfuscated.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/