[wp-hackers] Multiple published statuses

William P. Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 17:35:45 UTC 2010

I haven't fully tested 3.1 yet, so I don't know if custom statuses are
live yet (a quick google turned up nothing). If they are, how do I
register one, and is it possible to create multiple public statuses?
That is to say, I could have the default published status but also an
updated status, for example, that acts as a published post but has a
slightly different property. I dunno it this would be useful to many
people, but I can definitely see a use case for this sort of
functionality at least on my site. Some of this could be accomplished
with the new custom post formats but they don't really help with
organization, since it doesn't appear you can filter by a post format.