[wp-hackers] front-page.php always overrides home.php?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Nov 19 21:55:11 UTC 2010

True.

But by the same token: how many Themes were using "get_header()",
"get_footer()", and "comments_template()" without supplying the template
files? That was deprecated several releases prior to 3.0, in which legacy
Theme support was finally removed. The same could be done for "is_home()"
and "home.php", right?

Chip