[wp-hackers] is this a bug?

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 09:52:38 UTC 2010

from bbPress plugin development.

$this->file           = __FILE__;
returns: E:\htdocs\wpbeta\wp-content\plugins\bbpress\bbpress.php

However:
$this->file =  WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php';

returns: E:\htdocs\wpbeta/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php

Note the difference \wp-content as opposed to /wp-content

Now tracing this back I find this:
define('ABSPATH', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)).'/');

Normally this doesn't make a difference, but I think this is causing
an issue within get_themes (line 437 of wp-includes/theme.php)

'Theme Root URI' => str_replace( WP_CONTENT_DIR, content_url(),
$theme_root )

this fails as they don't match.

For reference on my linux hosted site it works fine, but locally on
Win 7(I use easyphp) it has been failing to correctly point to the
child theme within bbPress. So I realise this is an unusual setup.

Thoughts?

Rich