[wp-hackers] Is this legal?

Moya, Eddie emoya at tribune.com
Wed Nov 17 19:12:17 UTC 2010

My Spanish is not rusty at all, and I can tell you that they are not selling buddypress. They have some strange SMS based verification process to give people access to their "guaranteed virus-free, high-speed download" of buddypress.

They charge people via the SMS required for that verification though - and charge differently based on the the country your in. Like someone said before - they are selling a download service more than buddypress itself. Its probably targeted at those who are less than internet-savvy, exploiting their otherwise healthy fear of viruses.

Sleazy, but legal.

--
Eddie Moya
Applications Developer