[wp-hackers] WordPress self install on Windows?

Danny G Smith dgs at riskiii.com
Sat Nov 13 16:17:41 UTC 2010

I have not been able to find much information one way or the other, that is other than opinions. Windows is not my choice, but I am being pressured to justify my position. Does anyone know if you are forced to use IIS? If so, I don't see any way of getting pretty permalinks. I am curious, what is the ratio of core contributors that develop for windows? Thanks in advance, as google did not give me much other than opinions.

If you did have to go with windows, would you go with something like zend server where you would have a real php stack with apache mysql and php3?

thanks,

Danny G. Smith