[wp-hackers] Querying Taxonomies by Post Type with a query_var and rewrite

Anthony Cole anthony at radiopicture.com.au
Sat Nov 13 06:40:07 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I've come along an interesting problem - I need to query a taxonomy by post type with a rewrite rule and query var, and I'm not quite sure how to approach this.

I've got a taxonomy for different types of topics that I've called "topics". The ideal solution would be to to be able to approach this with /topic/demo/post_type/guide, or /topic/demo/post_type/challenge - but I've never done anything like this, and documentation on the rewrite rule front of things is sparse if any.

Does anyone have any pointers? I'm not sure if an endpoint would be suitable for something like this.

-ac

--
Anthony Cole
http://about.me/anthonycole