[wp-hackers] Q: get_sidebar (or similar include) & wp_meta (or similar hook)

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 5 15:52:44 UTC 2010

Thanks for your answer Rafael,

I'm aware, that you register widget_areas "instead" of sidebars.

My extended Questions @the core dev team:
* Will wp_meta/wp_footer get extended with something like
wp_meta_{$name}/wp_footer_{$name}?
* Or: Will both get deprecated in favor of widget areas?

* (Thought loud) If none of both: What sense does it make to (still)
place them in themes? And should plugin developers move away from
attaching "stuff" to those template hooks and make widgets instead?

Sorry if those Questions are inappropriate or even "wrong". WordPress
is pretty huge right now and gives me a lot of areas where i can
invest a lot of "brain" ... Thank you.