[wp-hackers] Comments automatically being marked as spam

Potkanski, Jason jpotkanski at tribune.com
Thu May 20 14:56:00 UTC 2010

If you are using an older version of reCaptcha, the plugin was marking all comments as spam. The underlying recaptcha library needs an upgrade.

-Jason Potkanski
Tribune Technology

On 5/20/10 9:45 AM, "Harry Metcalfe" <harry at thedextrousweb.com> wrote:

This has me really confused. I have a client whose comments are all (or,
perhaps, almost all) being marked as spam. WP 2.8.4. Upgrading is, for
the moment, not possible.

I have:

      * Disabled Akismet
      * Made sure that there are no blacklisted words
      * Checked that it's not PEBKAC[1]

Is there anything else that might automatically be putting things in the
spam queue?

Cheers,

Harry

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error