[wp-hackers] Has anyone gotten debugging with Wordpress + Netbeans + Xdebug + XAMPP working on a Windows dev box?

Carl Roett carlroett at gmail.com
Tue May 11 13:17:20 UTC 2010

I'm trying to get proper debugging (breakpoints, profiling, etc) working
with Wordpress on my dev machine using Netbeans, Xdebug, and XAMPP on a Win
XP box.

Netbeans connects to the debugger and *will* correctly trip a breakpoint in
a single "hello world" PHP file and the wordpress "index.php" file.

However, when I set a breakpoint in a PHP file that's deeper in the tree,
say "wp-admin.php" ...the debugger ignores the breakpoint.

I can't find any useful information on this anywhere on the net.

Has anyone on this list been able to get debugging working properly? If so,
how?