[wp-hackers] User roles - GSOC proposal

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Tue Mar 30 21:46:24 UTC 2010

On Mar 30, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:
>    1. The user with both the Administrator and Editor roles would just have
> the Administrator role. If the Editor role had capabilities that the
> Administrator role did not have, then the user would be assigned instead to
> a third role with the merged capabilities of Administrator and Editor.

With a large number of roles these merged capabilities could get very large; the number will grow exponentially for each new role added.
In your example are you proposing there would be a new *named* "AdminEditor" role, or it would just be handled behind the scenes and if someone modified Editor it will also modify the merged role too?

If the latter, that's cool.  If the former, I think that could overwhelm end users.

-Mike