[wp-hackers] GSOC - widget repository

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:20:26 UTC 2010

 Developers would submit widget code, and when users wanted a new
widget, they would go straight to an 'add new widgets' screen,
select/install and immediately
> begin filling in the widget settings.  Basically the idea reduces the
> overhead for users adding new widgets.

Something like a separate interface for adding plugins with the
"widget" tag? That way it would avoid the need to change anything on
the infrastructure side.

> There are not mentors assigned to specific projects because mentors will
> choose students from all the applications we receive, many of which may not
> come from the list on the Codex Ideas page. Basically, all mentors will
> review all applications, and will identify the students/projects they are
> interested in mentoring.
Alright - good to know.