[wp-hackers] Can Import break theme? [was: Failure in

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bernard.d.tremblay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:45:11 UTC 2010

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au kindly wrote:

> I would assume that it's because of invalid markup in your imported content.

I never thought post markup could "hork" the theme.
> Try turning on the option to correct invalidly nested XHTML and then
> resaving a couple of the posts that are breaking to see if that helps.

I was going to compare a well rendered page with source from broken, but
this is a great test.
*looks*
Sorry, I can see no such option. Is that in the post edit screen?
I've never before heard of this ... I just looked through every admin
page ... thought it might be in Writing Settings ... can find it nowhere.

thanks / sorry / help?

(I'm going to use FileCompare to see if I can spot something.)

====

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com replied:

> Your content is all horked up. Essentially, you have a malformed link
> in your post. Probably was there before the import. Check the original
> source. On http://gnodal.protension.com/journal/?p=520 , there is this in the
> middle of your post: <a href="<a href="http://www.andybudd.com/archives/2007/12/on_experts_and/index.php">
> That ain't right.

Good eye, Otto, it ferr shurr ain't. That 1 is horked, for sure, no
doubt about it.

But that's 1 of 10 "horked up". So when you write "Your content is all
horked up" I don't get it. I don't see it.
Sorry, but I just don't follow you.

But anyhow, you figure 1 mal-formed link would break the theme?
I must be missing your point here Otto.
I'm not being intentionally thick here, honest.

ben