[wp-hackers] RFE: "more" to open in new window

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bernard.d.tremblay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 22:08:41 UTC 2010

*Apologies if this has been covered; I haven't been able to spend time
on this list*

Background: I just tranfered a ton of posts from LiveJournal
http://gnodal.livejournal.com to a new
http://gnodal.protension.com/journal and couldn't be happier with the
results ... didn't make use of LJArchive XML or alternative PHP, nuthin'
... straight outta the box ... formatting: wonderful, comments:
basically correct ... happy as a pig in you.know.what.

In tweaking I noticed one thing, and this has been the default behaviour
forever (so far as I know) but it caught my eye just now.

Clicking on post title or -More- on blog front page opens the post in
that tab ... in effect blowing the frontpage away.

Is this optional?
What controls this behaviour?
I'm guessing it's core ... can it be adjusted using a plug-in?
(I'm sure most of you know that google search preferences include "open
in new window".)

sorry for being so out of sync
ben

p.s. if you reply to list, please CC me at ab006 at chebucto.ns.ca ... I'm