[wp-hackers] GSoC 2010, WordPress.org Profiles

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun Mar 21 00:17:28 UTC 2010

Something to consider:

Rather than improve a profile page (per se), why not create a custom post type of "person" and improve it that way? You are proposing adding content about users; why not use the infrastructure which is used for content within WordPress?  There you'll have access to categories, tags, custom taxonomies, custom fields, and everything else that comes with post types. Leave wp_users for security and login and use a custom post type for all the embellishments.

JMTCW.

-Mike