[wp-hackers] Persistent connections

Potkanski, Jason jpotkanski at tribune.com
Thu Mar 18 18:22:42 UTC 2010

Are other plugins in use, such as WP Super Cache?

Is Squid (Caching proxy) in front of your Apache server an option?

Can the cloud site make external MySQL calls? You can create a VPS or dedicated/managed server at Rackspace to get around the 500 connection limit and point the wp-config to a server elsewhere.

--

Jason Potkanski
Tribune Technology