[wp-hackers] comments should be a plugin

kaiiser 24-7 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 02:41:17 UTC 2010

> types of "previously part of core" WP features.
+1

> Good point. Sounds like "Canonical Plugin Material", actually.
+1

"Canonical Plugins" sounds like a sollution to me.

> There's an example of a "won't happen" / "not necessary" attitude.

When looking at core-CMS features i still see WP lacking some
functionality somewhere else: For ex. Users. I think this
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/ could be WP-Core
material. "Role" replaced "user_level" some time ago. But nothing ever
happend to roles (defining, extending, adding). WP could definitly be
much more flexible if the "attitude" of some people would not be so
much "i'm part of the core".