[wp-hackers] get_userdata and _fill_user causing huge number of database queries

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Mar 3 21:42:27 UTC 2010

This question really needs some more information before anyone can really
comment on that.

The main question is WHY are the queries being made for the author details
when viewing the singular page.

Do you have a listing of all the authors on the page? If so, thats
probably what it is, it needs to load all the details for the users to
display it.

Check the query log, specifically, what functions are calling it. If you
enable WP_DEBUG and SAVE_QUERIES, then look at $wpdb->queries, you'll see
the full list of queries, and what functions called it (with a backtrace
too), Looking at that should help determine which function is calling the
user list, if thats not enough, you might be able to rewrite something to
use the new functions mentioned in that changeset..