[wp-hackers] Idea: Widgets as custom post types

John O'Nolan john.wp at onolan.org
Tue Mar 2 21:25:10 UTC 2010

I think that maybe the small amount of confusion that's arising here
is caused by the naming convention rather than the actual issue of
where table content is moved to. "wp_posts" fundamentally suggests
that this is a table containing a single type of content, and that
type is "posts". If the table is now to be looked at as:

"thinking of 'content types' rather than 'post types'." [- Justin]

Then I have to say that I think the word "post" is beginning to become
just as confusing as the word "node" is in the Drupal world.

I Wordpress a blogging platform or a CMS?

John