[wp-hackers] Custom URL

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Tue Mar 2 05:24:33 UTC 2010

WordPress uses the IXR library for XML-RPC support, which includes
server and client components -
http://scripts.incutio.com/xmlrpc/manual.php - it is in
wp-includes/class-IXR.php.

So yes WP can make XML-RPC calls as well, the IXR docs have some
examples of how that works -
http://scripts.incutio.com/xmlrpc/basic-client-construction.php

As a result plugins can cover the whole spectrum of XML-RPC events;
add and process new methods on the server and make client calls to
external services.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org