[wp-hackers] Long term suckage

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Jun 18 22:39:14 UTC 2010

On 6/18/2010 1:20 PM, Dougal Campbell wrote:
> Yeah, but I think what we're* talking about here is more realistic.
> Maybe we should call it "STS" (Short-Term Support) instead of "LTS"? I
> don't think we have to make any commitment (official or otherwise) to
> support any particular release for years. But if we could just support
> the "current-minus-one" release up until the time that the
> "current-plus-one" version came out, it would provide a
> not-too-unreasonable window for those who hesitate to upgrade to the
> shiniest new version, for whatever reason.

We'll probably continue to do that as convenient, it's just not
something I want to promise. When it moves from something we might do to
must do it creates a lot of trouble. Not all fixes are equal, for some
of them the best advice might be "bite the bullet and go to 3.0."

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://wordpress.org | http://automattic.com