[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.0, can we finally get a LTS version?

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Fri Jun 18 14:44:56 UTC 2010

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2010, at 10:01 AM, Jeremy Clarke <jer at simianuprising.com>
wrote:

> +1 for backporting security patches by one version. This will let
> enterprise
> sites have ~6months between mandatory upgrades instead of 3, which
> would
> make a big difference
What I think is kind if funny (humorous) is that people say things
like that a lot, but if you look at the last couple of years, it's
been 6 months between releases anyway. We keep saying we want to do
three per year, but starting with 2.7, when I started, it's only been
2 per year (every six months or so) anyway.
Jane