[wp-hackers] Meetups

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Fri Jun 18 01:06:33 UTC 2010

On 18 June 2010 01:50, Alexander Hempton-Smith <hempsworth at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the process for promoting the idea of a wordpress meetup? I
> could put in a plan for a European meetup, but I'm not sure what the
> uptake would be?
>
> It would be in the West Midlands of the UK, bringing together 4
> countries straight away ( Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England) and
> hoping to bring in people from all over the world!
>
> I'll make it happen if people are interested.
>
> -- Alex

Alex,
There is the 3rd annual WordCamp UK taking place next month (17th and 18th),
this year it is in Manchester. Details here http://uk.wordcamp.org/ I
believe a number of people from mainland Europe will be coming.

There are also several regional meetups/groups meeting more regularly (
http://wiki.wordcampuk.tonyscott.org.uk/WordPress_UK_locals), for instance I
run a monthly Manchester WordPress User Group (http://mwug.info/)

Mike
--