[wp-hackers] Remove wysiwyg not working by deleting or renaming tinymce

mailapera mailapera at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 20:13:55 UTC 2010

Hi,
I got 2.9.2 and I desperately need to remove the visual editor to
avoid users to paste all sort of unwanted formatting when they copy
and paste text from wherever (like ms word, which has a heaping amount
of trash attached) in the content of their posts.

I deleted the tinymce folder (I am sure you are all familiar with the
location of the folder, no need for me to write that down) and it used
to work with 2.6.3 but with 2.9.2  (and maybe even previous editions)
it removes the wysiwyg, but also produces a footer error of the likes:

Warning: include_once(/home/user/public_html/test/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/wp-langs.php)
[function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in /home/user/public_html/test/wp-admin/includes/post.php on
line 1472

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening
'/home/user/public_html/test/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/wp-langs.php'
for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in
/home/user/public_html/test/wp-admin/includes/post.php on line 1472

I searched a lot but was unable to find anything apart from removing
that folder. I would also be up to a function to be included in the
functions.php or anything.
Thanks in advance