[wp-hackers] Wordpress StackExchange is ready.

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jun 3 12:54:01 UTC 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:44 PM, Jane Wells wrote:

> The lack of satisfying support would ideally spur the people pushing for stack to instead step up and help improve the .org support forums, which clearly need it. When your house needs a few repairs, you don't just abandon it and move to a new neighborhood.

Basically you're saying, "We should write it all ourselves so we can control it and keep it 'official'."

Somehow this strikes me as similar to a CEO of a company telling his IT folks not to use that "Word Press" thing for their site because "we want to keep control of our software".

Why reinvent the wheel?  StackOverflow exists, **right now** and you want to hand-create something that does the same job.  I don't get it.

Stephen