[wp-hackers] Wordpress StackExchange is ready.

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 2 18:02:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Arlen Beiler <arlenbee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> P.S. *Assuming* WordPress Answers really takes off (as it appears it
>> might), probably the best thing Automattic could do would be to embrace it
>> fully and configure it to be served from http://answers.wordpress.org.
>> JMTCW.
>
> That is one thing I have been thinking of since the beginning, and I like
> the idea *VERY much.*

I'm personally very much against that. StackExchange and that whole
set of sites in general is extremely user unfriendly. Even I find it
difficult to use and hard to find what I'm looking for on there.

I'd rather we revamp the existing forum structure into something
better, with new features. Forums are better than weird
"question/answer" sites that nobody can follow or have conversations
on.

So no, I'm not supporting this notion at all.

-Otto