[wp-hackers] pre_get_posts problem

Krusty Ruffle krustyruffle at rustykruffle.com
Sat Jul 31 17:27:16 UTC 2010

I've been trying to figure this out too. I have not figured out a way to use
the 'request' filter for this. I think the problem is that the conditional
functions cannot work at this point. If you take out if statement then you
can inject the custom post types in there, but it is site-wide and causes
issues on some of the admin pages. I've also looked into the 'parse_request'
action which seems to have the same problems. Looking at the 'query_vars'
filter does no good as the custom post type is already in the
'public_query_vars' array, assuming the post type is 'publicly_queryable'.

The 'pre_get_posts' filter seems hackish but it also seems to work without
problems, assuming you block it from working on admin pages.

Sorry that I do not have an answer for you, but maybe someone with more
understanding can see what's been tried and what we're missing here...