[wp-hackers] any way to clean after theme when it gets deleted?

Louy Alakkad louy08 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:01:51 UTC 2010

Hello all :)

well, i have an idea!
in the themes screen, when the user chooses to change the theme, WP asks him
"Do you want to keep theme data?" or anything else. if user clicks yes, we
run some hook "theme_deletion_hook" or action "theme_delete_data". the theme
should have a delete_data function which will be attached to this event/hook
and it would delete the data, we can also add "remove_theme_mods" to that
event.

What do you think?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Davit Barbakadze <jayarjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think everyone uses options and maybe even tables in their themes
> nowadays. Is there any way coder can clean up after theme - delete
> options, remove tables - when it get's uninstalled. Something similar
> to what we have for plugins?
>
> --
> Davit Barbakadze

Louy