[wp-hackers] Partial admin capabilities

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:56:15 UTC 2010

Hi Ryan

You wrote:

> I have other "administrators" on the blog, I want them to have some of the
> admin capabilities but not all

Nice plugins but they just don't seem to work for my situation.

I use the Members plugin for exactly what you say you need on several sites:

 - install it,
 - go into the options to activate the "Edit Roles" and "New Roles"
components,
 - under the Users menu click "New Role",
 - create a new role called "Nearlyadmin" (or whatever),
 - give this new role all the capabilities the admin has except the ones you
don't want them to have,
 - assign the other users to this new role.

Hey presto!

Simon