[wp-hackers] Partial admin capabilities

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:29:15 UTC 2010

Ok so heres my problem.  I am new to wordpress so please bear with me.

I have an idea of how this works, I just am not quite sure how to turn that
into the actual finished code.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the way I see it.

Wordpress executes current_user_can(), I capture the the result that would
send my adding a filter for "user_has_cap" and I have a function that would
decide on the final response retuened via current_user_can.  I would start
off by having it return false if wordpresses reponse is false.  If
wordpresses reponse is true, and if it is one of the capabilities I care
about I say if the current user id == 1 return true, else return false.

Thats my Psudo code based on my understanding on how this is going to work.
So heres my thing, assuming I got that part of it right, how would I start
off the function, what arguments would it receive and in what order to tell
me what capability is being tested and what WordPresses reponse was.