[wp-hackers] Shortcodes

Jacob Beauregard deadowlsurvivor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:40:15 UTC 2010

I wrote my own implementation of shortcodes. It does things a bit
differently, has nested evaluation, and allows self-nesting. Since
there are some significant differences to the existing implementation,
I thought I'd post here to discuss them before trying to convince
anyone to use my implementation. A lot of the changes are borrowed
from definitions in the HTML specification (particularly name and
attribute matching). The following are the comments at the top of my
shortcode file. I tried to keep track of all the differences (and
questions) there. If you reply to this, CC me for a more prompt
response since I'm currently on digest.