[wp-hackers] AJAX from wp-admin/edit.php

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Tue Jul 27 15:39:39 UTC 2010

Ok. I'll bite. Smells like a support request but here it goes. I just implemented this on a custom plugin. So feeling I might be qualified to answer. But no promises. Some questions.

1. You added the link. Ok, how are you capturing the click event? Assumed some jQuery or whatever. Have you checked to make sure this is getting properly captured and processed?

2. Also, via your client event processing you are calling the method to post to the server something similar to the examples described http://codex.wordpress.org/AJAX_in_Plugins

2b. You mentioned adding debug to admin-ajax.php. Are you using Firefox + Firebug? You should at least be able to see the post of your message to the server. Anything?

3. How about some code to review?

P-