[wp-hackers] Custom Post Type in Admin, filter by new custom Taxonomies

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 07:35:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> >> Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to output it in the footer and then
> use
> >> jQuery to place it above the table.
>
> Are you sure?  Unless I misunderstand what Jimmy is asking I think it can
> be done in the "restrict_manage_posts" hook.

Indeed. Also, he can use wp_dropdown_categories() instead of creating the
select manually.

> I don't understand why it's not standard.

Because a custom post type can have multiple custom taxonomies associated
with it and you might want 0, 1, or more of them to appear as dropdowns.
Thus the hook, which gives you a lot of flexibility.

--
http://scribu.net