[wp-hackers] Add hierarchical to the link_category taxonomy

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Jul 16 07:26:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:26:19 +1000, Lox <lox.dev at knc.nc> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I simply want the links categories to have hierarchical=true, so looking
> at
>  http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy, it is
> said:
>
> "This function adds or overwrites a taxonomy."
>
> So, basically, this should add hierarchical to the link_category
> taxonomy ?
>
> register_taxonomy( 'link_category', 'link', array('hierarchical' =>
> true));
>
> It does not ...

It will override it. However, There is a "but" to the idea:

Link Category admin management is NOT controlled by the generic taxonomy
interface; I'll change that over in 3.1 most likely.

So you can visit edit-tags.php?taxonomy=link_category and you should be
presented with a hierarchical category page.

The Links addition page may not be coded to expect a hierarchical taxonomy
either, so it may be displayed as a flat list..

--
Dion Hulse / dd32
Contact:
  e: contact at dd32.id.au