[wp-hackers] Best way to kick off actual work from plugin settings page?

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Tue Jul 13 02:58:25 UTC 2010

On 7/12/10 6:28 PM, Michael D Adams wrote:
> When does the $_POST array ever get "wiped out"?

I was probably thinking of $_GET and custom queries. It was late when I
made the first post last night, so my brain was most likely fried.

> Does your plugin have its own settings page, or are you adding
> settings to a core settings page?  If you have your own page, I feel
> like the tried and true method is to do something like the following.

Own page via add_submenu_page, but it's more or less the same as your
code snippet below.

> Does that suit your needs?

Maybe, but I'm posting back to options.php, not plugins.php. Are you
suggesting a separate form with an action set to my plugin's settings page?

Matt