[wp-hackers] Extending Custom Post Types

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Mon Jul 12 23:31:28 UTC 2010

  I'm still in the investigation phase, trying to figure out the best
approach. I'm making a business listing plugin, and I'll need to be able
to associate a bunch of data with it - like a bunch of booleans (pool,
tenis courts, etc.), address info, membership info, etc. - all of it
needs to be searchable and sortable (ORDER in SQL parlance) - searchable
at least.

It'll be replacing an older asp.net application - interestingly, what we
ended up doing there for searching, was dumping a copy of every
attribute into a blob field, and using a fulltext index to pull out
ranked searches. Pretty spiffy really.

If I come up with anything specific to ask I'll go ahead and do that.

Thanks,

Kevin N.