[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and pending incompatibilities

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jul 12 19:30:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
> "Not bundled?"  Can you clarify please?  I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means?

Pretty sure that means exactly what it sounds like. The notion was
never to include these plugins in the main WP download, but to provide
a special place for them in the repository/view where they'd be a bit
more prominent.

> Of course if it's an issue of download size then "virtual bundling" addresses the same needs.  For example, having a section for core plugins which lists all of the core plugins with a brief description that allows the user to install each of them easily. This would be separate from the plugin repository search which really requires someone to find and then decided which plugin to choose to meet their needs.

Yeah. That. Or something similar.

-Otto