[wp-hackers] Best way to kick off actual work from plugin settings page?

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 08:17:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Matt Jacob <matt at mattjacob.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm getting too philosophical, but it seems like too much work to do
> from a function that's supposed to validate/sanitize inputs. I don't see a
> better way, though.

Your callback function is just like any other function. It gets called
at a specific point, is passed some parameters, and the return value
then goes on to get saved to the database. If you don't run your code
from your callback function then you're just going to run it inside
another equally capable function. Your functions aren't bothered about
their supposed intent.