[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and pending incompatibilities

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Sun Jul 11 06:21:38 UTC 2010

<quote who="Otto">

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Jeff Waugh <jdub at bethesignal.org> wrote:
> > Slightly different challenge: It's incredibly unlikely that plugin
> > authors would want the rewrite root of their custom post type URLs to be
> > namespaced in such an ugly way (in public URLs that is -- in code it's
> > fiiiine).
>
> They don't have to be connected, they just default that way. The
> register_post_type function takes a rewrite attribute you can use to
> override that.
>
> register_post_type ('plugin_whatever', array(
> 'rewrite' => array("slug" => "whatever")
> ));

Yeah... for my "clamour" custom post_type, I've set that to "link" because
that's what looks good as part of the URL. That's obviously unsustainable,
because someone else will surely want to use that at some point. It's very
close to the same problem, just harder to solve.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu's Bleeding Edge                      http://ubuntuedge.wordpress.com/

       "Wake up and smell the coffin." - Frank Costello, The Departed