[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and pending incompatibilities

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Sun Jul 11 03:57:55 UTC 2010

>> One idea for the core WP side is to have all the post types proceeded
with wp_
> Any reason not to just go with an underscore prefix?

The underscore prefix is typically used in WordPress to signal something
hidden to the UI (options & post_meta for instance). Following this
paradigm, I have written plugins that use an underscore to signal a hidden
taxonomy. The specific need was to create custom RSS feeds and triggers
while not cluttering the UI. I would suspect that I am not the only one to
do this.