[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and pending incompatibilities

Paul paul at codehooligans.com
Sun Jul 11 00:06:12 UTC 2010

Well according to the register_taxonomy Codex page there is already a list of reserved taxonomies. So really not seeing how this could not be implemented also for post types. http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy

One slight issue with my suggestion is the existing (new) logic to handle actions and templates where the post type name is used as part of the template like single-event.php etc.
P-